Wednesday 1 October 2008

Sunrise

I fell in love with Switchfoot's Only Hope a couple of months ago... When it seems like my dreams are so far, sing to me of the plans that you have for me over again...

Zeph 3:17 - GOD does sing over us. Duh. He loves us.

Jer 29:11 - He also has a definite idea of the song. So if He did take Switchfoot's suggestion (or mine), then listen well! He knows the plans HE has for us.

Ever missed the sunrise or sunset on a flight? I did the last time - after beautiful views throughout, a decent dinner and lights-off put me promptly to sleep. And I missed the one thing I was hoping I wouldn't on this flight. Bah. And I woke up, to a cloudy I'm-the-only-one-awake sort of feeling. Except I wasn't. I love having someone who loves me so much that He wants to watch over me as I sleep! I love that after everything I do - over and over again - because I am entirely stupid and forget so often, He can still look into my eyes with so much love that it's not long before we both have tears. Someone so perfectly wonderful that I don't ever want to walk away from Him...

I didn't miss the sunrise that day actually. It was there in that smiling moment.

No comments: