Wednesday 22 October 2008

Love - and some venting

It's very weird. I don't get it but have come to accept it... Every time you mention the word 'love', you get a busload of listeners. You get listeners who want the details - who miss the details when you leave them out, for goodness' sake. You get talkers who won't stop telling their story. I love it.

But it also goes against the grain - a bit, that is. Aha they're not that interested in love if it doesn't have me sighing over a member of the opposite sex, now, are they! Try it - you can probably count on your fingers the people you know who will actually disinterestedly listen to your love stories of friendship, of family, of sacrifice, of worship. Rather annoying, eh?

And why is it always 'do you have a boyfriend?'?! Has it ever occurred to the interlocutor that one may not always want a boyfriend? That one might be sticking out for the real thing - if that EVER happens - and quite happily single? That some people (yes, it is in the plural!) would rather not go out than go out with the wrong one? And to avoid that situation are quite happy to wait forever if necessary until God makes it pretty much obvious? AND seriously - must I, of necessity, be happy with your hints? MUST I be married if I don't feel compelled?

AND MUST I MUST I allow you to button my coat and have private walks with me whether or not you have the right? Surely it's not entirely weird if I said no? Or entirely hurtful? After all, we were never great friends. Surely also it's not unreasonable to expect you would say things outright instead of hoping I'd say them? I jolly well am going to use the fact that men were always the ones who were expected to do the work historically - well, at least to begin with. If you're going to make things uncomfortable - why is it my fault?

Gggaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

ALSO BOY AM I GLAD NO ONE WHO KNOWS ME AND DOESN'T KNOW ME VERY VERY WELL READS MY BLOG.

No comments: