Monday 26 March 2007

Thank You note


Link


Great weekend, loads of snap-happy moments...

It has been making me think. I love taking pictures, I wish I could put them all up here blog after blog! There is just this one niggling factor of my pseudonym (which only serves to make me feel important, of course;)) being made completely redundant with such a move! Oh well, I will work my way round it ;O

But I've been thinking that God's imagination is brilliant. Some of my friends know that my photos go on about 'God's brilliant'. Well, He is. The daffodils and the tulips, the snow and the mountains and practically everything else in my picture collection are drop-dead gorgeous. But what struck me is that the people erm peopling them are not too bad either! Even me - I say this not at all boastfully - you've got no choice but to believe me, have you? ;)

But seriously, even with bad hair days and spot disasters, God's still made us in His image. The first physical glory of that may be lost for now. But if this remnant is anything to go by (judging only from a friend, family, a cousin, a couple of students and me), the restoration must be incredible! A smile makes such a ginormous difference too. My friends (et al) are beautiful - I do mean in the physical. In all honesty, I have never been able to see who was ugly and who was pretty very well.

I have the annoying habit of looking in the mirror once too often and thinking Out, out bloody spot with very Shakespearean melodrama, or finding several adjustments to make in the mug I'm faced with! It flippin' sets the tone for the rest of the day!! If I crib about my dark circles, I can be sure they will get darker as the day progresses with Murphian inexorability. Lol. But I often feel guilty because I think about how amazingly beautiful God is. I can easily forget how His gorgeousness (am I allowed that word here? ;O) is the kind of superlativity that makes you cry. Or die in the observing. Radiance and brilliance beyond bearing. For Moses, as for some now of course, that was, in fact, a real fear. How long has it been since you took a long look at Him?

And God says He made us in His image. Do I get how absolutely mind-blowing that is?! Am I getting it across? I don't know. But I know that when I look at my dogs - slobbering, large-eyed and lovely - I remember why I love poetry, the rain, the snow, just... And when you have the time to stop and take a look at the Taff (which is the local river) or take in the panorama of trees in the park, it suddenly hits you. With some definable force. You've been picking your way through the soggy mud of your little track so as not to get your heels dirty. But life itself is bigger. God is bigger. And He made every animal (puppies may have had special designer status;O), every flower and just the universe individually and phenomenonally breath-taking. The kind of beauty that tugs at your insides, makes you forget late dinners, unpaid bills, embarrassments... forget thinking for that one moment of awe. But He topped His fantastic creativity with you. He made you (and me ;D) like how He looks. The specific manifestations of infinity. I realised that today, and I have had moments of consciousness before in the faces of people around me. Some of them I love, some I have only seen smile on the way. But I'm glad of the reminder. And the way I see it, He's simply the most beautiful Person I've ever set eyes on.

Jesus, You're beautiful. Have I told You today that I'm head over heels in love with You? And it's the right side up ;). Thank You because we're gorgeous ;).

No comments: