Thursday 22 February 2007

Journal entry

It was funny today. I'm afraid this is not really gonna be a soul-searcher ;O
Well, at least I think not :O
The day was quite amazing:
1. MP called me and said, hey when u going to work?? And I said well abt ten I need to be there. So he decided he'd meet me at a quarter to because he wanted to give me something. i asked if it was post and he laughed and said no, he'd forgotten to bring it. The 'something' turned out to be a mobile phone!! With a SIM card and package. It's 3G which means I can use it in this country... but I mean it's just so fantastic. i was only recently talking about the amazing way in which I've seen the love of the church in action - AMAZING. How did I react - i was jus quiet n thankful n slightly unbelievin (are you sure abt this M??).
2. Had a very tiring day. N, a student who tends to have that effect on me, was in all day. Started on about what's in the Qu'ran etc I mean he never listens to what I'm trying to teach - sometimes I can only get a couple of syllables in, AND he will start off on his own tangent and a few minutes in of trying to keep my dignity, I realise he doesn't have to be saying all this in connection with the meaning of the word 'myth' or 'quiz' or 'jump'. Lord, I rest my case!!!
3. Got a tenner more'n I thought. But also doing an hour and a half more'n i thought which doesn't even up but hey... (no, I'm not crazy)
4. Free bread... by Hovis. They must have come up with this idea because perhaps they figured if everyone tried their bread, they would simply know it was good. In a few minutes everyone on Queen Street, and on the bus home had blue and yellow paper-wrapped loaves of bread in their willing hands and smiles on their faces! It made me think of Tommy Tenney's 'The God Chasers'. Is there bread in the house? People who are really hungry will take of it as much as they want. I was embarrassed to take more than one loaf and then I saw a family - they just helped themselves, not in the least in a pretentious manner. I took another loaf. Everyone did in the end. Are we ashamed of hungering for the other kind of bread? Should we be standing on metaphorical street corners and giving as freely as we have received? Because if everyone simply tries ours, they will know He is good.
5. Thought I was not going to Bible study. Was miffed because I couldn't take the bus as I couldn't find Maelog Close (it doesn't exist; Maelog Place and Road do, in different postcodes). And James had not replied to my text of takin up his offer of a list. Imagine my surprise when G knocked on the door?? Unbrushed hair, work clothes... poor G, I even forgot to say 'come in'. Had to run back n say it! But the offer of a sit-down-make-yrself-welcome is now eternally lost ;) (or maybe not, considerin the discussion we had!)
6. Bible study was fantastic. We started off with carbonara and special strawberry yoghurt cheesecake! Then we discussed Revelation. I was a bit doubtful when JCa started last week, but having prayed and decided to go to this one too... I loved it. I mean there were times when JCa said it is meant for the now, symbolism, etc. But I got the courage to say, with another lady, that it is on a literal level too as there are many levels and there is no need to limit it either way! And it got into quite a heated conversation - as Gary says we don't actually go to heaven, God comes to earth... But it doesn't matter and none of us understood why he was so hung up on it, but it still made a great debate. Personally I don't see that it says God will come down to earth either. It just says God spends eternity with us (how incredibly hugged that makes me feel :D) Love You, Lord (did I say? ;))
7. Now I've just had a lovely conversation on Orkut. And a cheery panad with a coupla friends on MSN.
Thank You for today, Lord!! And thanks for puttin it in perspective at the end of the day!! Woohoo :D

No comments: