Tuesday 30 September 2008

Jer 29:11

It's so easy to forget that God is sufficient that I amuse myself.

Things I love... Moments I love, rather... When I've spoken sharply to check a child or one of our dogs (not that the two are equal or any other such implication: i.e. if I offend you, then you've misunderstood me... That's my story and I'm sticking to it.) - anyway point in question - when I yell or even mildly flick Tass or Prince, they just squirm and then come running back to me for shelter. How wonderful is that?! It's the heart-cockle-warming-est feeling ever.

And maybe I have a lesson to learn. We all do. When correction comes in love, you know your safest place is to go to the person who's just told you they think you're wrong. They care enough to stop you, and to be honest with you. They may be right or wrong, but you know why they did it.

I cannot get over how my mum will never ever say 'fat' in connection with me... To her, I'm still that baby that needs to eat as much as it can get in to grow. LOL. Indianness, perhaps. But an old-fashioned kind.

Methinks I have been using Indianness as my synonym for old-fashioned-ness... And it's not anymore. India's changing and I'm stick some years before I was born - happily, I might add. I am glad that the Bible is never out of fashion. And the Bible has the copyright on love and obedience. When I am honest about 'old-fashioned-ness' it's not about values and ideals - fashions are much more about the self.

God is so good. S-O good!

No comments: