Saturday 2 February 2008

Titbits

Made a list of things I would want my husband to be and to be for my husband - perhaps it should be the other way around - if there were going to be one. So if there were going to be one, then God will honour that... It's a pretty darn good list even if I say so myself eh?

One thing living with all these Latinas has caused is a rather more frequent perusal of the subject. When I say frequent, it's all relative. Like I feel I have loads more growing up to do - but of course that's all relative as well.

The effect of the list on moi? Made me realise how lovable (can you use that word in this context? sounds wrong...) Jesus is. In fact, I'm sure 'lovable' brings up a different picture in the head to the sold-outness one has in mind... Worthy of our passion, because with every long-drawn gasp of evil pain, he didn't even try to come out of it easy. The logic is all wrong by any measure on earth, isn't it? Why would I be worthy of that? But I was given it and it has taught me to expect things... Is that wrong? Well, what can I say...

CK's here this weekend. I nearly skipped with happiness when I realised it was today. it's been so long since I saw all of them, and I can't believe how much I love them! Lol - I feel like Sandra Bullock in 'While You Were Sleeping', despite the quite obvious lack of Sleeping Handsome and soul-mate/stranger...

CK is in a lot of pain - CK is CK's wife if that makes any sense... Lol, they have the same initials ;D I got a text from her that made me cry and one part of it was "morphine morphine and more morphine". I want to visit them. I can't afford it at the moment, but any chance I get I'll jump in the backseat of a car that's headed that way, thank you!

Apart from the fact that an Oxford degree is an emotional rollercoaster apparently, I have had a perfectly gorgeous Saturday of sleep and chocolate for which I am infinitely thankful. I don't really want to feel guilty about it, although I am quite ready to be assigned something more from my meeting with my supervisors next week. No. I am very grateful for the Saturday and blessed by the fact that I actually listened and didn't go out volunteering today.

It's cold but there's no snow just in Ox. My feet froze in my socks. Woke me up. I had a sleepless night almost entirely. Because I couldn't go to sleep and when I did I dreamed about church and young people that was so extremely real. I don't mean vivid or dramatic or anything. Just very detailed and quite realistic, even matter-of-fact like life. I know it was God speaking to me. I told NR afterwards but I don't have a clue what we're meant to do about it. And as always, I suspect people are unimpressed with what I say. Sometimes I think God should get a better person to present his stuff. But hey, I guess he's dealing with my knobbly bits ;D


xxx

No comments: